The Remarkable Benefits of Molecular Hydrogen
- Molecular hydrogen (H2) is a gas with very unique and selective antioxidant effects. It works primarily by improving the redox status of the cell when needed
- Hydrogen is the smallest molecule in the universe, which is why its bioavailability is so great. It’s also neutral, so it can easily penetrate any membrane space in your body
- There are more than 1,000 publications on molecular hydrogen, which demonstrate therapeutic potential in over 170 different human and animal disease models
- Hydrogen is shown to benefit every organ of the human body, effectively mitigating oxidative stress and inflammation
- There are several ways to administer hydrogen, including hydrogen gas inhalation, drinking and/or bathing in hydrogen-rich water, intravenous hydrogen-rich saline injection and hyperbaric hydrogen therapy. The best and most convenient way is to get it in your drinking water.
What Is Molecular Hydrogen and Why It Is So Important?
Molecular hydrogen or H2 gas is a very small neutrally charged molecule that has the ability to cross cell membranes and the blood-brain barrier. This gives it the unique ability to access DNA and mitochondria within the cell where it has protective action.
Free radicals are uncharged or unstable molecules, which make them highly reactive and extremely likely that they’ll pull apart pieces of other molecules to gain stability. In their search for stability, they can damage your body. Sometimes this can result in chain reactions. Antioxidants are molecules that safely stabilize free radicals and reduce the amount of damage that can be done.
The most common way to consume molecular hydrogen is with a tablet you drop into your water, which releases hydrogen gas. A bottle of these tablets costs around $65 for a month's supply.
The best way is to get it in your drinking water. That's because it is so convenient, and so much less expensive. A LivingWaters™ Alkalizer optional Hydrogen Infusion Cartridge costs less than $90 and will infuse up to 3X more hydrogen into a glass of water than an ionizer costing $4,000 or more. Best of all, it will replace the need to buy a couple of dozen bottles of molecular hydrogen tablets so it will pay for itself in the first month.
1. Hydrogen acts as an antioxidant
Hydrogen gas acts as powerful antioxidant and has been shown to protect cells from even the most cytotoxic reactive oxygen species. Specifically, inhalation of H2 gas has been shown to suppress brain injuries through these effects.
2. Hydrogen supports your body’s antioxidant system
H2 supports your body’s natural antioxidant system by signaling pathways associated with the prevention of disease.
3. Hydrogen is anti-inflammatory
In animal studies, hydrogen gas has been shown to be extremely anti-inflammatory. While we could use more studies on humans to back these initial findings, research on patients with rheumatoid arthritis are extremely promising.
4. Hydrogen may help reduce pain
As mentioned above, the effects of hydrogen on patients with rheumatoid arthritis have shown a significant decrease in pain. This pain relief is due to the reduction in oxidative stress caused by the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of hydrogen gas.
5. Hydrogen protects your muscles
In an animal study, hydrogen water prevented muscle wasting in mice that had muscular dystrophy. Hydrogen also boosted the natural production of glutathione which is often called our master antioxidant. The effects of hydrogen on athletes and exercise is a promising area worth keeping your eye on.
6. Hydrogen can speed up sport-related recovery
Hydrogen water has been shown to reduce muscle fatigue in elite athletes after intense exercise. This is because it reduced lactic acid buildup, which improved muscle function.
7. Hydrogen can help balance the pH of the blood
Hydrogen water has also been shown to have an alkalizing effect in the blood. This is especially beneficial to people who are extremely physically active because extreme exercise can cause metabolic acidosis.
8. Hydrogen affects cell modulation
Hydrogen appears to have effects in the cells that help them maintain homeostasis and healthy modulation. Through healthy gene expression and cellular metabolism, hydrogen positively affects cellular processes on many different levels.
9. Hydrogen is neuroprotective
Hydrogen has been shown to reduce damage to the brain in Parkinson’s patients. It’s also shown to have generally neuroprotective properties due to its ability to fight oxidative stress.
10. Hydrogen is protective against metabolic conditions
Studies have found that hydrogen increases insulin sensitivity, decreases blood sugar, and blood cholesterol levels. These effects make hydrogen up potential therapy for fighting obesity, diabetes, and metabolic syndrome.
11. Hydrogen boosts your mitochondria
Your mitochondria are the powerhouse of your cells, which makes them directly responsible for your energy levels day to day. Clinical studies on hydrogen-rich water have found that it improves mitochondrial function.
12. Hydrogen protects against DNA damage
Hydrogen gas has been shown to significantly protect DNA against radiation damage. It does so by scavenging hydroxyl radical formation.
13. Hydrogen can calm allergic reactions
With allergies on the rise across the world, this is an interesting observation. Studies have found that in animals, hydrogen can sometimes calm allergic reactions. The way hydrogen appears to calm allergic reactions is by modulating cell processes and restoring homeostasis. It seems that hydrogen restores healthy processes throughout the body, which makes it a good idea for just about everyone to consider taking.
14. Hydrogen is protective against cancer
Hydrogen appears to be protective against cancer. At this point, it probably doesn’t surprise you since you know how hydrogen can protect against oxidative stress and damage to the DNA. Hydrogen has also been observed to help reduce side effects of chemotherapy in some patients.
15. Hydrogen protects organs
Hydrogen has been observed to be protective against damage to numerous organs including the brain, pancreas, heart, liver, eyes, and lungs. This is believed to be because of hydrogen’s anti-inflammatory, antiapoptotic, and oxidative stress fighting effects.
Add Molecular Hydrogen To Your Alkalizer Today!
If you already own an Alkalizer, and would like to take advantage of the best way to get molecular hydrogen into the your daily routine and those of your family members, you can do so by clicking the button below. Enjoy!